Help Foothills Conservancy permanently protect 208 scenic acres along almost two miles of the Blue Ridge Parkway at the outstanding Bear Den Overlook!
We are just $130,000 away from accomplishing this goal but we need your help!
Your contribution will ensure:
- Permanent protection of 208 acres of undeveloped lands in the North Carolina mountains adjoining the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest between Altapass and Linville Falls.
- Conservation of important habitats for native plants and animals, rare natural communities, protection of trout waters, and water quality along two miles of Honeycutt Creek’s headwaters.
- Additional protection for the Little Table Rock Mountain State Natural Area.
- Viewshed protection enjoyed by millions of Parkway visitors at mountain elevations of 2,800 to 3,100 feet, including views of the Linville Gorge from the Bear Den Overlook.
If our fundraising is successful, this land will be added to the Blue Ridge Parkway and Pisgah National Forest for permanent protection and public enjoyment.
Total Project Cost: $1,580,000
- $898,000 from conservationists Fred and Alice Stanback
- $50,000 from conservationist Tim Sweeney
- $28,000 from other private contributions or grants
- $424,000 from the North Carolina Clean Water Management Trust Fund
- $50,000 from The Cannon Foundation
We need your help to ensure that this land remains undeveloped.
Make your donation online or call us today at 828-437-9930!